Rained all day so we made cupcakes, Jada's first batch!
Her palette is a little more advanced than the average two year old's, so it was easy to opt for ginger. She loves it and we already had some in the house.
The recipe is super simple and fast, kid friendly and delicious to boot.
You will need:
2 egg yolks
.5 cup molasses
.5 cup brown sugar
.25 cup butter
.5 cup yogurt
1.5 cups unbleached flour
1 tsp cinammon
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1.25 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees as you prep your ingredients.
2. Melt the butter and let it cool.
3. You can grab a medium sized mixing bowl for this step, but I used the small pot that I melted the butter in: Make sure that the butter is completely cool, then mix in the egg yolks, molasses, sugar, yogurt and ginger.
4. Let the wet mixture stand and find a large mixing bowl to mix your dry ingredients. Whisk all of the dry ingredients together. (This is Jada's favorite part.)
5. Slowly introduce handfuls of the dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients, stirring slowly until the dry is fully incorporated in to the wet. This is your batter. The hard part is over.
6. Pour your batter in to muffin cups. (We are renting a "furnished" apartment in Maui and are making the most of whatever we have here. I just bought some paper cupcake cups from the grocery store and stood them on a baking sheet.)
7. About twenty minutes later, you should have perfectly baked cupcakes. (Stick a fork in one to make sure that they are done, as I did, if you want to be sure that they are ready.)
8. Eat. Your toddler will love you.
Post a Comment